Income statement: two columns, one all zeros, totals zero

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:34:45 EDT 2018

What you are seeing is most likely a second currency column. (though I’m not sure why the distinction of different dollars is not visible, it is on my reports)

Check your report options for the commodities tab and make sure “show foreign currencies” is not checked.

Also, be sure the currency on that tab is the one you want to report in.

It also doesn’t hurt to double check your Gnucash preferences to make sure the book is in the proper ‘main’ currency you want.

I can reproduce this situation if I set the report to a different currency than my book, check to show foreign currencies on the report, and happen to choose a dollar currency that doesn’t have an exchange rate with my locale currency. (USD) However, as noted, I get some differentiation on the currency and not just a $ sign. (e.g., CAD reports as ‘C$’ not just ‘$’) If you picked a currency for which you have downloaded or entered an exchange rate, you’d see that column with appropriate numbers.

Regards,
Adrien