MySQL in a Container (Docker)

jhinz jhinz402 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:28:12 EDT 2018

Had been running GNU Cash connected to a VM running linux and MySQL.
Switched to MySQL running on a container and started receiving an error in
GNUCash.  The error msg read "Cannot write to the database".  Once that
occurred the entire database seem to be corrupted.

I do not believe there is an issue with MySQL running in a container as I
have other apps running against it and have not had an issue.  Never had an
issue when running MySQL in a VM either.

Any ideas?

Plus I was thinking of switching from MySQL to a file based repository.  Any
guidance on making the switch rather than simply creating new opening
balances in a new file?

Regards,
John
p.s. thanks for the great product.