how to download

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 14 17:51:28 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-14 17:32, Colin Law wrote:
> When I go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/ the green
> button says on it "Download latest version gnucash-2.6.29-tar.bz2(13.6MB)".
> But I am using LInux. Does it change dependent on which OS one is using?

Apparently it does. I see "Download Latest Version /
gnucash-2.6.19-setup.exe", which certainly _sounds_ like a Windows
installer. If memory serves, that's the one I installed on this laptop
last month.

I have JavaScript turned off, so apparently either Windows is the
default, or it can tell my OS without using JavaScript.

I don't know why the OP is so down on Sourceforge. They tarnished their
reputation by bundling crapware in the installers, last year or the year
before, but they took note when they were blasted by a bunch of Web
sites and cleaned up their act.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com