how to download

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Mar 14 18:17:37 EDT 2018

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 05:51:28PM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
> On 2018-03-14 17:32, Colin Law wrote:
> > When I go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/ the green
> > button says on it "Download latest version gnucash-2.6.29-tar.bz2(13.6MB)".
> > But I am using LInux. Does it change dependent on which OS one is using?
>
> Apparently it does. I see "Download Latest Version /
> gnucash-2.6.19-setup.exe", which certainly _sounds_ like a Windows
> installer. If memory serves, that's the one I installed on this laptop
> last month.
>
> I have JavaScript turned off, so apparently either Windows is the
> default, or it can tell my OS without using JavaScript.
>
> I don't know why the OP is so down on Sourceforge. They tarnished their
> reputation by bundling crapware in the installers, last year or the year
> before, but they took note when they were blasted by a bunch of Web
> sites and cleaned up their act.

Actually, SourceForge and Slashdot's owner sold them both to someone
else, who then commenced to clean up the act on Source Forge.

Unfortunatley, they also added a bunch of ads to Slashdot.

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.