how to download

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 00:22:06 EDT 2018

This is correct.

It does not matter which link from GnuCash.org you click, you always get a .dmg if you click the link from Mac, a .bz if you click the link from Linux and an .exe if you click the link from Windows. (I suppose you could spoof the user browser’s agent as proof, but is that really necessary at this point?)

Regardless of OS, there’s no reason that there is a ‘question’ on how to use the SourceForge site.

For crying out loud, there’s a big bright green button that tells you “DOWNLOAD THIS FILE!”, essentially.

And yes, in testing, this button is NOT dependent on JavaScript. The OP should have seen it, clicked it and then ended up with either a downloaded installer, or else a tarball if they were running linux. (on that note, ANY linux link should probably NOT take a newbie to a tarball, but rather direct them to either their ’software center’ or a page with such info describing how to get the software via normal distribution methods)

’Source Code’ links should be the only thing that takes someone to a tarball because no one else has any clue what to do with a tarball than someone actually interested in the source code.

Since the OP finally opined they in fact installed from the big bright green button on SourceForge, this topic is solved, but it sure would be nice if they ponied up what the problem was in the first place.

Otherwise, we’re all just spinning wheels.

Regards,
Adrien