Finally ready to move from Windoze to Unix, suggestions of flavor of Unix to use

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 03:43:08 EDT 2018

Hello

Try Arch Linux if you are willing to put initial efforts in learning and
a bit of tweaking here and there.

It has r8168 drivers too. (as a separate package which you can install
easily)

Plus rolling release model which means you will always have up-to-date
system. Once you get hold of it, its very easy to maintain.

Arch used to support Gnucash but due to webkit related security issues
it stopped releasing Gnucash officially.

However there is archlinuxcn repository which is well maintained so its
very easy to install Gnucash from there.

Arch also has DVD / USB live media with which you can test if your
internet is working with it.

Regards,

Amish