Finally ready to move from Windoze to Unix, suggestions of flavor of Unix to use

Michael mjchurchil at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 11:10:14 EDT 2018

Jeffery, I have used Linux Mint and Manjaro with good success. Am
currently using Mint because I got tired of the large, frequent updates
associated with Manjaro, a derivative of Arch Linux.  I agree you should
try a few live-CDs to see if the distro recognizes your hardware.
GNUCash availability of current versions is a little spotty because of
some of the old packages that the 2.6 series requires.  Manjaro/Arch
Linux/Archlabs provide latest GNUCash versions through what they call
AUR.  Recent GNUCash versions for Mint are through get-deb.  Generally,
I think GNUCash runs better on the Linux platforms I've tried vs
Windows. Mike