Finally ready to move from Windoze to Unix, suggestions of flavor of Unix to use

Tracey C tclark77 at tlcnet.info
Thu Mar 15 10:26:48 EDT 2018

I'd also recommend Linux Mint. In my experience, it's easy to setup and
use, even for someone who is used to Windows and new to Linux. The Mint
and Ubuntu support communities are very helpful (Mint is based on Ubuntu
so a lot of articles about Ubuntu can also apply). I ran it for years on
my work and personal laptops because I was looking for a stable
distribution. Gnucash runs well on Mint.

The Mint maintainers also are very keen on keeping the user experience
hassle free. Their changes always have the user experience in mind (as
opposed to other goals like making changes to chase the new shiny).

--
Tracey C