Preferences - Online Banking

R Winstead ramble.winstead at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:49:09 EDT 2018

After following this list for a few months, I believe others are having
issues with Bayes Matching and importing files from their financial
institutions.  Rather than hijack one of those threads, I thought I would
ask my specific question.

Has anybody found any value in changing the settings under
Preferences>Online Banking to improve the overall matching that takes place
for an import?   I'm sure that the settings that I have under
Preferences>Online Banking are the default values.

I've read through the documentation and admittedly do not fully understand
the details of how this works.  I think the most likely parameters that I
could update to improve the behavior are the threshold settings under "Use
bayesian matching".  That said, I don't know that those settings would
affect the most annoying behavior of imports, which is the matching to
Reconciled transactions.  Once a transaction is reconciled, I would hope to
never see it come up in the matching window for update, but that happens
with every import.  Hopefully a setting in the next version could address
that...

Thanks.
RW