Gnucash backends

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:55:21 EDT 2018

You must have made some other change in addition to using a new filename
when you started your new file.

No suitable  back end error usually means that the data file is not in the
expected format.  Gnucash expects an xml-like format or certain database
formats.  Database formats need corresponding database programs to read
them.

Read the FAQ about files for more info.

If this doesn't help come back with more details about the file format you
thought you were using, whether you are storing files in a different folder
and anything else that may seem significant.

David C