Avoid linking 3.parties;was: Unable to download stock quotes

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:54:44 EDT 2018

Hi Chris,

Am 21.03.2018 um 00:31 schrieb Chris Good:
-------------- >8 -----------
> Hi Santer,
>
> I don't think I have heard of Yahoo JSON being slow before.
> I just did a test and for my 16 stocks it took approx. 15 seconds.
> Is it just slow for you or does it actually hang?
> If you don't mind telling us, how many stocks do you have using Yahoo JSON?
>
> If you are using Windows, have you tried using my new YahooJSON.pm that has
> the warning messages fixed?
> See
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Fix-for-yahoo-json-for-Windows-users-tt
> 4697837.html
>
> Regards, Chris Good

you would better use
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user from the email
footer in this case - our other lists work similar,
jump to http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/ "gnucash-user
Archives",
select your preferred view of the desired month,
select the mail:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-March/075252.html

Regards
Frank