Recent posts and replies missing issues in several GnuCash user threads

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:35:03 EDT 2018

What would really be sweet is for a mail client to offer to allow you to add a message to a thread, or split messages off of a thread. I understand that can be a mess with IDs, but it would just be for your own viewing/use/organization.

So far, I’ve not seen any that can do it. (I think some allow you to add individual messages to a thread, but none allow you to remove a mis-threaded message to its own thread)

My guess would be that the function to accomplish this would have to alter the message-id/in-reply-to headers and possibly for sanity, set special ‘original message-id/in-reply-to’ headers. It could insert special headers for its own use, but then new sent mail might not thread for others into the proper places.

Regards,
Adrien