Compiling -DWITH_GNUCASH=NO

Potuz potuz at potuz.net
Thu Mar 22 21:42:39 EDT 2018

On Mar 23, Christopher Lam wrote:
>Hi Potuz
>
>This is clever- would you mind documenting the process to run reports
>from command line?

I am not running gnucash reports, I wrote my own set of C programs to write tax returns and portfolio performance related reports specialized for Brazilian tax laws.

I got a new laptop and I moved to Qt + qtwebengine and since I am on Gentoo I am not keen on compiling gtk+ and certainly not gtk-webkit. This way I now can compile libgnucash (which my programs link) without gnucash

Cheers,

R.

>On 23/03/18 04:57, Potuz wrote:
>> On Mar 22, Potuz wrote:
>>> Hello, I have a number of scripts that parse my .gnucash sqlite dbase
>>> and produce reports. I'd like to be able to compile and run those
>>> programs in a linux system without gtk+ (in particular no gnome and
>>> no webkit-gtk). However when I try to compile with -DWITH_GNUCASH=NO
>>> I pick errors since it seems that libgnucash needs
>>> scm/price-quotes.scm which in turn needs scm-gnome-utils which seem
>>> to be defined under gnucash/gnome-utils/ but that directory won't be
>>> included without WITH_GNUCASH. The error I get is simply:
>>>
>>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
>>> '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/gnucash-2.7.5-r1/work/
>>> gnucash-2.7.5/libgnucash/scm/scm-gnome-utils', needed by
>>> 'lib64/gnucash/scm/ccache/2.2/