Date limit on transactions / freezing transactions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 00:44:51 EDT 2018

Stan,
There is a setting that might help you: File->Properties->Day threshold for read-only transactions
I'm not sure whether it will help in your use case, but it's worth mentioning.
On a side note, I recall you saying you are planning to merge these two files at a later date. Do you have any idea how you plan to do this? I ask, because as far as I know, there is no merge option in gnucash itself.
David T

  On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 2:02, Stan Brown<the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm> wrote:   Thanks, but I meant that while I am entering later months, I don't want to be able to alter earlier months.  Such an alteration happened once, in September 2012 while I was (I thought) entering November 2012, and it's only when the 30 November 2012 balance sheet didn't match my source database that I discovered it.

--
Stan Brown
the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
http://BrownMath.com