Date limit on transactions / freezing transactions

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 24 12:15:36 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-24 09:53, Maf. King wrote:

> From the little I know about these things, I think that your export/import
> experiments will have more chance of success if you wait for v3 which is in
> the works at the moment.

I doubt I'll be ready before then anyway, so it works out. It's taken me
quite a while to input 2011 and 2012 and reconcile them with my dBase
file, though of course it was far from full-time work, and some of that
was just learning GnuCash. I still have 2013-2017 to do before I even
think about consolidating the two files.

> IIRC, GC can't read it's own exports at present,

Oh my -- I had no idea. That _is_ disconcerting, but thanks for the
heads-up.

> but the new version is supposedly going to be better at importing.
Ojalá que sí. :-)

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com