Close books?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Mar 24 22:01:21 EDT 2018

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 18:49:10 -0400
"." <Look at iPadRing.net> wrote:

>    How can you prevent further editing or changes (unless you really,
>    really must) to a credit card account at the end of a year?  That
> is- lock the credit card account with no further changes possible
> without some sort of password or prompt?
>    Thanks,
>    Carl

I'm not understanding exactly why you need to do this.
Are you closing the credit card account?
Are you closing the books at the end of a financial period?

You would need to be sure you had finished with the account, that is
reconciliation completed, no further entries to be recategorised, and
so on.
Your "really, really must" is what makes me ask. What circumstances
would make you 'allow' a change?

Liz