Problem with tax table under sqlite3

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 25 17:37:57 EDT 2018

Rick,

OK, I'll try again. You reported that when you post an invoice "it fails to accumulate in the liability account" until you "edited the tax table [and]... reposted that invoice. Then it showed up in the liability account..."

Then you "went back in" (presumably having quit and restarted GnuCash) and tried to post another invoice, only to have to edit the tax table again to get to "accumulate".

I need you to break that down so that I understand exactly what happened when and what is the problem.
When posting an invoice without first editing the tax table:
Is the sales tax liability account register open when you post the invoice?
Are you examining that register immediately after posting the invoice and not seeing the invoice's transaction there?
What about other accounts (e.g. Accounts Receivable) that the invoice should have posted to? If the transaction is present in those other accounts, does it include the tax split if you put it in split view?
If the tax liability register was open when you post the invoice, does closing and reopening it change anything?

Otherwise, if the splits are all there after you post the invoice, do some or all of them disappear when you quit and restart GnuCash?

You report all this for the Sqlite3 backend. Does it work correctly when you do the same using the XML backend?

Regards,
John Ralls