Fast reactions to 2.7.8

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 27 12:44:38 EDT 2018

(1) Not a fan of the toolbar showing icons without words. I _hate_ an interface where you have to hover over every single icon until you can find the one you want.

Many programs offer "words only", "icons only", and "icons and words" as choices. I couldn't find anything like that. Please add it.

(2) At first I thought performance was horrendously slow, when I was entering transactions in the general ledger. Turns out the actual issue was that the Tab key, instead of advancing to the next field, just gave focus to the "Save" button at upper left. This was on windows 8, with Build ID: git 2.7.8+ (2018-03-25).

--
Stan Brown
the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
http://BrownMath.com