Problem with tax table under sqlite3

Rick Copple rick at copplecleaningservice.com
Tue Mar 27 20:25:21 EDT 2018

On 03/27/2018 08:26 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> I have tried to reproduce on 2.6.18 but I can't. I have started with an old
> sqlite based book, created a new invoice in it with a tax table set and posted
> the invoice. Looking in the AR register, the transaction does have have the
> correct tax splits.
>
> Can you share a minimal test file in which you have reproduced the issue ?

I've created a test file with the minimal data to create invoices. It
all worked as expected. I created an
XML file and entered the sales tax in the table, then created a dummy
invoice to make sure it was working. Then I saved the file. Right after
that, I saved the file in SQLite3 format. Then created another dummy
invoice. It created the sales tax in the liability account just fine. So
I exited and restarted the program, and it still recorded the sales tax
in the liability acct. as one would expect.

This caused me to suspect something was amiss with my file, and I
postulated it was something in the XML's sales tax table file that
wasn't being converted over to SQLite3 correctly, causing the problem.
So I went into the XML file, and created a NEW sales tax item (I had
only edited it in times past). I then saved it in the XML file, and then
saved it again in the SQLite3 backend. Upon entering an invoice, it
recorded the sales tax correctly. I exited and restarted the program,
and entered another invoice, and it too recorded the sales tax
correctly. So the issue has been resolved I can now use the SQLite3
backend without having to mess with the sales tax table everytime.

The only thing I can think of is that something "corrupted" the sales
tax entry in the XML file so that when I converted it over to SQLite3,
it stopped accumulating. Strange. But it apparently happened in my case.

Anyway, thanks for helping me with this. Glad I was able to figure it out!

--
Rick Copple