Running Reports over a Windows 10 Network

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Mar 31 03:24:32 EDT 2018

On Friday, 30 March 2018 11:45:45 BST Alan Culpitt via gnucash-user wrote:
> I am using GNUCash 2.6.19 on 2x Windows 10 PCs networked together to access
> our joint financial information stored on my wife's computer.  We have a
> number of saved reports.   If I try to run one of the saved reports it
> takes a very long time to run, 10-15 minutes, the first time but then
> subsequently if I run another report, it works fine. Any suggestions?

Hi Alan,

There have been previous posts about the first report taking ages to render on
Windows.  I don't use that OS and can't remember if there is a solution yet,
but I don't think it is related to your file being on a network share.

Just thought I'd chime in to let you know that you are not alone!

Maf.