Issue after beta testing in Windows?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:34:08 EDT 2018

Some time ago I installed and tested release 2.7.3 on my Windows 7 machine,
then I re-installed release 2.6.18 which I had previously been using.

Later on I started experiencing a crash every few days.  After further
attempts to establish what was triggering the crashes, I was not seeing any
pattern other than only GnuCash crashed and none of my other programs did.

Then I noticed that none of the Help buttons distributed around the program
could find and open the Tutorial or the Contents files.  F1 did not work
either.

I am now fairly certain that there was some sort of GTK something left
laying around after reverting back to 2.6.18.  Upgrading to release 2.6.19
did not stop the crashing.

I temporarily created a new user in this machine and found that the new
user could run Gnucash and read the help files.

1. Is anyone else seeing similar strange behavior?

2. If this is the issue, it must be somewhere other than in the GnuCash
program folder or my User Gnucash settings folder does anyone have a
suggestion where to look next?

3.  Is it possible that the best option would be to simply wait for release
3.0 oon this machine?

4.  I have various instances of releases 2.6.something on other machines,
but it seems each one has one issue or another such as not being able to
access the network file server or network printer or whatever.  When I do
switch to release 3.0 they will all need to be abandoned or upgraded, so I
will need to go slowly to avoid shooting myself in the foot again.

Thanks for reading this.

David C