[GNC] new v3.0 install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 2 03:26:53 EDT 2018

If you followed the instructions from the beginning of that page you can run
the cmake command literally as it's written down

It tells cmake to prepare a gnucash build based on the sources found in the
parent directory (the .. in the command) and to be installed in the .local
subdirectory of your user's homedirectory (-DCMAKE_INSTALL_RPEFIX=
$HOME/.local). You can choose another final installation destination, but it's
recommended you don't use /usr or /usr/local. The first is reserved for
packages installed via your package manager, the latter tends to suffer from
interference by packages installed in /usr. Anywhere under your home directory
is fine and as of 3.1 you could also install under /opt (but in that case the
make install step should be run via sudo).

Regards,

Geert