[GNC] Problem with Saved Reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 09:06:29 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have encountered now a couple of times the unpleasant experience of calling up my saved reports configurations, only to find all but 5 or 7 completely gone. When I examine the saved-reports-2.4 file stored on my hard drive, it has been reduced in size to about 30k. This has happened now on two completely different occasions, separated by months. Thankfully, I have been able to go to backups and locate the original 180k saved-reports-2.4, and my reports are back where they should be.

For the record, there have been no other indications of trouble (i.e., no frozen instances of GnuCash, no crashes), and I have not undertaken any major operations (loading of huge numbers of transactions, closing books, etc.). Just, one day, the reports are there, the next, they’re not.

The fact that this has now happened more than once suggests a serious problem (most likely with something stupid I have done) with my saved reports file, and I would like to ask whether there is any sort of utility (like Check and Repair) that I can run on the saved reports to determine what might be causing this file to auto-truncate itself. Assuming that there isn’t, does anyone have any suggestions on what I might look for that could cause this behavior? It’s really disturbing to open up GnuCash, and discover that my reports have been simply disappeared.

TIA,
David T.