[GNC] new v3.0 install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:29:07 EDT 2018

So, I got errors.....

dennis at dennis-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-15-cc0xx:~/Applications$ cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/dennis/.local
/home/dennis/Applications/gnucash-3.1
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Found PkgConfig: /usr/bin/pkg-config (found version "0.29.1")
-- Checking for module 'glib-2.0>=2.40'
--   Found glib-2.0, version 2.56.1
-- Checking for module 'gio-2.0'
--   Found gio-2.0, version 2.56.1
-- Checking for module 'gobject-2.0>=2.20'
--   Found gobject-2.0, version 2.56.1
-- Checking for module 'gmodule-2.0>=2.20'
--   Found gmodule-2.0, version 2.56.1
-- Checking for module 'gthread-2.0>=2.20'
--   Found gthread-2.0, version 2.56.1
-- Checking for module 'libxml-2.0>=2.7.0'
--   Found libxml-2.0, version 2.9.4
-- Checking for module 'libxslt'
--   Found libxslt, version 1.1.29
-- Checking for module 'webkit2gtk-4.0'
--   Found webkit2gtk-4.0, version 2.20.1
-- Checking for module 'gtk+-3.0>=3.10.0'
--   Found gtk+-3.0, version 3.22.30
-- Checking for module 'zlib'
--   Found zlib, version 1.2.11
-- Found Gettext: /usr/bin/msgmerge (found suitable version "0.19.8.1",
minimum required is "0.19.6")
-- Using guile-2.0.x
-- Using guile SRFI-64
-- Checking for module 'gwenhywfar'
--   No package 'gwenhywfar' found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:415
(message):
  A required package was not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:593
(_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  common/cmake_modules/GncFindPkgConfig.cmake:253 (PKG_CHECK_MODULES)
  CMakeLists.txt:347 (GNC_PKG_CHECK_MODULES)

See also "/home/dennis/Applications/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

So, I see I was missing "gwenhywfar"  So, I then searched and found it.
ran....

dennis at dennis-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-15-cc0xx:~/Applications$ sudo apt-get
update
dennis at dennis-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-15-cc0xx:~/Applications$ sudo apt-get
install gwenhywfar-tools
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  gwenhywfar-tools
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 119 kB of archives.
After this operation, 446 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64
gwenhywfar-tools amd64 4.20.0-1 [119 kB]
Fetched 119 kB in 0s (462 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package gwenhywfar-tools.
(Reading database ... 164056 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../gwenhywfar-tools_4.20.0-1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking gwenhywfar-tools (4.20.0-1) ...
Setting up gwenhywfar-tools (4.20.0-1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.3-2) ...

After that, I then did the -DCMAKE command line as above, still same error.

I'm not sure how to get that package.  I have NO plans to use aqbanking and
thought that dependency was optional.  I do use OFX import all the time.

*OFX File importing*

sudo apt-get install libofx6 libofx4 libofx-dev

*AqBanking*

sudo apt-get aqbanking-tools libaqbanking-dev   # > v4.0.0
sudo apt-get gwenhywfar-tools libgwenhywfar60 libgwenhywfar60-dev
sudo apt-get ktoblzcheck libktoblzcheck1-dev

dennis at dennis-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-15-cc0xx:~$ sudo apt-get install libofx6
libofx4 libofx-devReading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency tree
   Reading state information... DoneE: Unable to locate package libofx6E:
Unable to locate package libofx4

I get an error that..... E: Invalid operation gwenhywfar-tools

Thanks for the help thus far!!!!

Dennis