[GNC] Problem with Saved Reports

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 13:10:48 EDT 2018

Adrien,

Thanks for the reply. I already looked at the files.

This has happened twice, once about a year and a half ago, and once last week. When it happened first, I assumed a glitch in my machine, and focused on recovery. This is incident number two. So, there's no opportunity to discern any patterns.

I didn't see anything particular in the files to suggest a reason for the truncation. The file seemed to end at a report boundary (although I am not a Scheme programmer).

I note that the last line with data on it was line 666, so maybe it's just possessed by the devil.

The original file is 181,670 bytes; the truncated file is 42,379 bytes.

I see that most report entries in my file include the comment "based on template <guid>" , and I wonder whether these reports become unstable if the report upon which they are based gets deleted.

Another thing that I see is that many reports include account guids, and I am not sure whether these reports become unstable when an account gets deleted, thus leaving an invalid guid in the report. Perhaps Gnucash has a report clean up function that it performs sporadically?

David