[GNC] new v3.0 install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 7 18:06:09 EDT 2018

Dennis,

The debian distributed GnuCash is compiled for SQL as well as XML, you just need to install the appropriate additional package(s), usually libdbi, libdbi-drivers, and mysql-client, pgsql-client, or sqlite3.

For building you need to have one SQL backend installed so that the tests work. SQLite3 requires the least futzing so if your need is only for passing the tests--or even just to get it to build if you don’t care about the tests--that’s the one to use.

Yes, you should convert your book to XML.

Regards,
John Ralls