[GNC] Trouble installing

jnbernier jnbernier at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:36:00 EDT 2018

Hi Adrien,

Julie Bernier

> On May 8, 2018, at 8:43 AM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> Julie,
>
> Usually when this happens I just launch again after confirming I want to open and it works the second time. (this isn’t unique to GnuCash)
I have tried launching and confirming about 8 times.

> Does it get as far as showing you the contents of the bundle? You’ll see ‘GnuCash.app’, ‘FinanceQuote Update.app’ and a few .txt files. If you get that far, drag and drop the GnuCash.app file to your Applications folder.
Yes, it opens the window with the content bundle.
I went back and tried to drag the application into the applications folder and tried to run it from there.  The same thing happens.
It tells me its not from the App Store and asks if I’m sure I want to open it.  When I say confirm, it just shuts down.

> If not, perhaps try deleting that copy and re-downloading. Make sure you get it from the official source via the links on: gnucash.org
I had tried this already.  When I go to Gnucash.org and click to download, it redirects me to Sourceforge and automatically downloads.

> You should also ‘verify’ the download using the hashes given for the .dmg on the download page. There are plenty of resources on how to do so if you aren’t familiar with the process. If you need help, ask us here on the list.
Yeah, I have no idea what this means??  :(

Many thanks