[GNC] Unable to select Drive to Save As

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu May 10 12:28:44 EDT 2018

Note, the ‘lock up’ is really that the main window is waiting for input in the (hiding) save window.

The only other question left is, “Is that window hiding all on it’s own, or, are you clicking in the main window area instead of directly in the save dialog after it appears?” If you click in the main window, you might ‘raise’ the main window to the top of the window stack.

This shouldn’t happen though, on it’s own, or by clicking. (the save dialog is supposed to stay on top)

So once you figure out how it happens, you should probably file a bug report.

*note, I find this is a frequent problem with several applications on Windows when those same apps behave as expected on both *nix and Mac. So it’s likely even a Windows bug and not a GnuCash bug. (I don’t know of any official way to report bugs to MS) It might however be a Gtk bug.

Regards,
Adrien