[GNC] Unable to select Drive to Save As

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu May 10 16:03:29 EDT 2018

> On May 10, 2018, at 12:32 PM, keithwjones <keith at worlebury.co.uk> wrote:
>
> John Ralls-2 wrote
>> I'd go with a gdk-win32 bug. Window stacking ("z-order") models are
>> different for each windowing system. Gtk was designed around X11 and
>> everything else is an adaptation, so there are several idiosyncrasies like
>> this on non-X11 systems--including Wayland.
>
> John
>
> Do I need to report this?
>
> I am only pushing the pdf button once.  Box flashes up and goes.

You can if you want. I can't replicate it. In fact on my VM (just now updated with the "April" upgrade) the main window won't stay in front except when I hover over its tile on the taskbar. As soon as I click the tile the save file dialog pops back to the front.

Meanwhile Bob Fewell reported on the dev list that he'd found that gtk+ from two months ago doesn't have the can't-connect-to-drive problem, so I'm about to start a bisect to find the commit that broke it.

Regards,
John Ralls