[GNC] House renovation Expense or Asset?

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sat May 12 06:48:28 EDT 2018

Correct. And contrary to what others have said, it is more than a tax issue.  If you put home improvements in an expense account, then when you look at your overall expenses and income at the end of the year, it will be distorted (yes you’ve spent that, but it is an unusual expense).  Having a more realistic amount in the expenses makes forecasting easier.  And that is a not insignificant part of the reason to keep books in the first place, is it not?