[GNC] import map editor

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat May 12 08:42:34 EDT 2018

Op maandag 9 april 2018 09:50:37 CEST schreef Stefan Mueller:
> Hallo all,
> can anyone explain the purpose of the "import map editor" shown in the
> tools menu?
> All what I can find related to mapping imports is this:
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bayes
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Fixing-confused-bayesian
> -matching-data-td4685819.html
> but there is nothing about the editor.
>
> Can anyone explain how to use it is still empty after several csv imports.
>
> Thank you
>
> Stefan

The import map editor allows you to delete bad mappings between strings in
your import data and accounts in gnucash. So if you made a mistake while
mapping you can correct it here. "Correct" in the sense that you can make
gnucash forget the bad mapping. It will only learn new mappings during
imports.

As for the maps being empty:
- do you have bayesian mapping enabled ?
- do you actually do matching while importing ? That is in the import
assistant at some point you get a list of transactions colored green, yellow
or red. Double clicking on the yellow and red transactions allows you to
complete them. This is crucial to build mapping data.

Regards,

Geert