[GNC] Keybindings Mac OSX GC 2.6.19

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 12 15:04:25 EDT 2018

> On May 12, 2018, at 10:38 AM, David T. via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I don’t know if I am going crazy, but I thought that GnuCash used typical Mac key bindings (CMD-S, CMD-P, etc.). In the last few weeks, though, most of these key bindings use the CTRL key. Although I haven’t changed 2.6 in a while, I have downloaded and run 3.1 (without saving anything), and I wonder if this has changed the key bindings somehow.
>
> A few points:
>
> 1) If trying 3.1 *did* change the key bindings, how can I restore the older bindings?
> 2) If 3.1 changes the key bindings this way, it would be very un-Mac, and I would consider this to be a downgrade.
> 3) If the key bindings are being changed in this way for the future, it might be advisable to alert the user base in the release notes going forward, so that they are aware of them.

Yes, gtk3 writes different action paths from gtk2. You can restore the gtk2 ones by removing ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/accelerator-map. GnuCash should write a new one the next time it starts up. If it doesn't, you can copy it yourself from Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/ui/osx-accel-map.

Regards,
John Ralls