[GNC] Data format compatibility between recent versions

John Pastore jrpastore at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:59:09 EDT 2018

Not sure if you meant you need clarification from ME or ...?

Anyway, here's my history:

1) Created original data file using GNC 2.6.12 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

2) Months later installed GNC 2.6.19 on Win 7 and copied datafile from #1
with no issues.
- this datafile included (1) monthly scheduled transaction and about (20)
securities each with about (5) manual price history updates

3) Weeks later installed GNC 3.1 on Win 7 and used same datafile from #2
with no issues.

4) Weeks later got Finance::Quote automatic price updates working via
AlphaVantage on #3.

5) Days later copied datafile from #4 back to GNC 2.6.12 on Ubuntu.
Everything looked fine including:
- scheduled transaction notice for monthly transaction whose date had since
passed by
- price history for all securities including more recent entries from
Finance::Quote
- security details including (to my surprise) updated source for online
updates to "Unknown:AlphaVantage" from "Single:Vanguard" (which had never
worked) for all (20) securities.

6) Days later (just now) copied most recent datafile from #4 back to GNC
2.6.12 on Ubuntu just to see if prior success had been a fluke.  Everything
still looks fine.

Hope this history is helpful.

John