[GNC] Backup and restore GnuCash Settings

Nikos Charonitakis nikosx at gmail.com
Wed May 16 11:00:19 EDT 2018

Hi All
I have recently made a back of my home directory on a fedora 27 pc
and then i restored it to a new installation on fedora 28. I was
expecting to open Gnucash and continue working on my latest Gnucash
file and also have all my settings in place but this was not the case.
Running Gnucash on the new installation is like you start application
for the first time.
Firefox for example does not have this behavior, all my setting
plugins, bookmarks,passwords are in their place after restoring my
home dir.
Any ideas how to fix  this?

Note:
This is not specific to GnuCash 3, i have seen the same thing and on
previous gnucash versions.

Nikos