[GNC] Need User friendly guide to importing qfx file

eNews kkenews at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:18:39 EDT 2018

Hello!

I am new to GnuCash and attempted my first import of a qfx file from my
bank.  When I import the file, the "Generic import transaction matcher" is
blank/empty.  Although I've researched the answers to similar questions, I
do not understand the technical answers to them.  The closest I came to a
solution was from 2014, but I am using version 3.0 uploaded in 2018.
Wouldn't that bug be fixed by now?  Many of the answers discuss ofx, which I
do not think applies to the qfx issue I am having.

I am an accounting end user with no experience in programming.  Can someone
tell me in childlike laymen's terms how to get GnuCash to import a qfx file
of my bank's transactions?  I am using Windows 10 Home.

So far I'm really happy with my conversion from Quicken to GnuCash, so I am
determined to make this import work.

Thank you for your time.

Kate

---