[GNC] Backup and restore GnuCash Settings

Michael DeBusk mdebusk at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:03:55 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM Nikos Charonitakis <nikosx at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have recently made a back of my home directory on a fedora 27 pc
> and then i restored it to a new installation on fedora 28. I was
> expecting to open Gnucash and continue working on my latest Gnucash
> file and also have all my settings in place but this was not the case.
> Running Gnucash on the new installation is like you start application
> for the first time.

I upgraded from Ubuntu 17.10 to Ubuntu 18.04 this past weekend and
installed Gnucash 3.1 per the instructions on the wiki. Things went without
a hitch (with Gnucash, anyway) and the new version looks lovely. I've never
had an issue with losing my settings from an upgrade.

I will strongly encourage you to use a separate /home partition. I've done
this for years and it makes upgrading -- dare I say it? -- easy.

--
Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548