[GNC] pros/cons of storage formats

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu May 17 11:14:22 EDT 2018

Thanks to everyone for the helpful thread!  This definitely helps answer
my questions about storage format.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:36:03AM -0500, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> If all you want is the ability to run outside queries for custom reporting or data integration, then sqlite3 is probably your safest bet. MySQL and Postgres are much more involved to setup and maintain. Essentially, if you’re not a database admin, you probably don’t need those two or will not find any advantage to the maintenance learning curve and overhead, stick with sqlite3 or XML.

I actually am a dba, at home at least; we have a running PostgreSQL
server for other purposes.  So it would be easy for me to create a
database for GnuCash purposes.  But I can wait and see how I like XML.

I'll try Google and StartPage next time.  I sometimes remember to try
Google if DDG doesn't turn up results, but not always.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us