[GNC] feature request, select all on reconcille

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat May 19 16:05:26 EDT 2018

Op zaterdag 19 mei 2018 21:17:56 CEST schreef Dennis Powless:
> I've looked over window-reconcile.c and see the section on the menus.
>
> Odd question, how do I actually learn how to do this.  I've read up on gtk,
> glade and see in the code where the menu items are coded.
>
> Do I edit the actual file via gedit (geany) or do I use glade?  I'm sure I
> can learn the language to edit the file, but is there another easier way,
> seems glade would be this?

The easiest way to alter glade files is to use the glade tool indeed. The
downside of this tool it that its changes are fairly noisy which makes diffs
hard to decipher. But that something we have to live with.

> Do you think the 'select all' should be a menu item in a drop down (say the
> reconcile top level menu?) or on the menu bar as a stand alone button?

I would prefer to add it to the reconcile top level menu.

> Maybe point me in the correct location to discuss this?

The proper channel to discuss this is the gnucash-devel mailing list. I have
redirected my reply there. You can follow up on that list.

> I know it's a
> steep learning curve, but I do have some experience with doing code, just
> not this language.
>
> I want to help out with this project and feel I can do some things to help
> out once I figure some of it out.

That's appreciated. We can always use some help.

If you manage to get a working change, please create a git pull request on the
maint branch. You may want to read our wiki pages on git and development
process for more background as well.

Good luck and have fun!

Geert