[GNC] Quotes setup

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 20 12:44:28 EDT 2018

I decided that it was time to update my quotes post-Yahoo.

I found this: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes which seems
to be up-to-date.

My system is a Debian based distro so I already have Perl installed and
F::Q. gnc-fq-check show that I have v1.47 installed.

gnc-fq-update is not installed on my system so I when to get it from
github but the link in the Wiki
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gnucash/gnucash/master/src/quotes/gnc-fq-update.in)
gives me a 404 error.

Next a tried the external update method
$ gnucash --add-price-quotes ~/Documents/gnucash/us_accounts.gnucash
Found Finance::Quote version 1.47
$

but nothing happened. I guessing that means there are no quotes
enabled. Each security has the "Get online quotes" checkbox checked but
the radio button is still set to Yahoo.

Is there any more detailed and current documentation that would help me?

Thanks,
Steve