[GNC] Modelling employee expenses

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 22 18:59:01 EDT 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018, Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> Because I'd like to treat the actual vendors as the vendors in this
> situation.  I don't see how I could enter an employee expense voucher as a
> vendor bill, and then still track a vendor bill with the correct vendor
> attached to it.

   I'm confused by the above. Do you get a bill from a vendor (e.g., Office
Depot) for something, and an expense voucher from an employee for the same
item?

   If that's the case, perhaps you can have the 'actual' vendors as vendors
and the employees as the charge back 'project' for the amount.

   If that's not the case, treat each employee as a separate vendor. If you
split the accounts on an expense voucher then the employee's name should be
able to be associated with each transaction.

HTH,

Rich