[GNC] Can't install 3.1-1 on my Mac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 28 12:04:35 EDT 2018

> On May 28, 2018, at 8:45 AM, annapolishome via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> actually, I just downloaded 3.1-3 for the Mac Intel and tried to install and
> am still having the same problem.  looks like everything is going fine until
> it gets to the open and then it immediately exits.

If it's crashing it will leave a crash report which you can find with Applications:Utilities:Console; select User Reports from the sidebar.

Otherwise you can look at the trace file [1], but you may need to run it from the command line (open Applications:Utilities:Terminal and type /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash; if you put GnuCash somewhere besides Applications then substitute the path) to see error messages that escape the logger.

Regards,
John Ralls