[GNC] Printing a report splits line of text with page break

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 30 03:20:32 EDT 2018

Op dinsdag 29 mei 2018 19:16:48 CEST schreef John Ralls:
> > On May 29, 2018, at 10:06 AM, John Dablin via gnucash-user
> > <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:>

> >> Hi John,
> >>
> >> I always export the report to HTML, then use firefox to print it.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Maf.
> >
> > I'd forgotten you can do that. It took some finding because export as HTML
> > doesn't seem to be in the menu, and the toolbar icon looks like 'reload'
> > rather than 'export'. However it has solved my immediate problem, thank
> > you very much.
> >
> > It's a bit of a clunky work around, though. I'm not sure how to raise a
> > bug report, but it seems to have been a problem for a long time so I'd be
> > surprised if nobody's reported it already.
> Unfortunately it's a behavior of GtkWebKitWebView, which is what GnuCash
> uses for rendering, displaying, and printing reports. There's no
> immediately practical alternative for us to switch to, so there's not much
> we can do about it.

I will add this is only a problem still on Windows and OS X. On linux we have
been able to upgrade to a more recent version of GtkWebKitWebView which no
longer has this issue. Our attempts to upgrade to that same version on Windows
and OS X have failed so we chose to stick with the older versions there and
live with this particular bug.

Geert