[GNC] latest gnucash release (3.1) feedback

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 30 03:43:32 EDT 2018

On 30/05/2018 15:12, Alun Champion wrote:
> MacOS High Sierra, Gnucash 3.1-3.
>
> If anyone finds a way for reducing the padding around the tabs (left), I
> would be very interested. 3.1 uses almost twice as much space as 2.6.X. I
> keep a number of tabs open (reports, accounts, registers, etc.) and this
> comfortably fits on the screen now in 3.1 this forces scrolling.
I'd be interested in the ability the space that tabs take, too, for the
same reason.

Also, in 2.6.x, the mouse scroll wheel used to allow quick scrolling of
the tabs if the mouse was pointing in the tab area, and that ability has
disappeared in 3.1.

Closing down 3.1 is also rather clunky. In 2.6, quitting Gnucash would
just close the window and exit. In 3.1 it messes about closing each
individual tab before closing the window. What's the reason for that,
and can it be avoided easily?

Peter