[GNC] Could not unpost a bill.

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Nov 1 12:31:41 EDT 2018

You can’t delete a bill. (or invoice, or vendor, or customer)

But you can edit the bill after unposting and remove all line items, which will zero the bill.

Then mark it as ‘inactive’, and possibly also change the bill number to something like “use next” so you’ll be able to find and re-use it later. It might also be a good idea to assign it to a dummy vendor so it doesn’t show up in any particular vendor list, but that is not entirely necessary, just a preference.

It will then not show up in the AP account register. (only posted bills show up in the register and you can’t delete them from the register if they *are* posted)

I see you’re saying ’nothing happens’ when you click the unpost button. What are you expecting to happen? Does the Edit Invoice button become effective after you click ‘unpost’? If not, there is certainly a problem.

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by “unpost the bill and close the window without saving from the vendor report.” You don’t unpost from the vendor report, you unpost while viewing the invoice itself. What ‘window’ do you “close without saving”— the GnuCash window, or the tab for the vendor report, or the tab for the invoice?