[GNC] Trying to use gnucash need to convert .qdf to /qif

Mark Schwomeyer handle007 at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 16:32:15 EDT 2018

GreetingsWe have for years used Quicken, (1998 at least) (latest is 2008) they have went to a paid subscription service. (I think is overpriced)That said I have used Open Office for a while and thought to look for a open source financial program.The search for programs listed that GNUCASH would be compatible with .qdf
GNUCASH was chosen and downloaded. I need to import the latest file (backup).The only choice was to import a .qif file. Our version of Quicken used .qdf as a working extension and as backup files.I have downloaded a conversion program attached to Mozilla, but the convert button only wants to convert pdf .doc
compress, .jpg, .ppt.  Maybe a couple others, but no .qdf.The program I downloaded, under further investigation, is a .pdf conversion program. [fileconverter.org] Although it listed .qdf on the page.
Does anyone know of a conversion for .qdf to .qif so I can use gnucash.
Thanks Mark