[GNC] Trying to use gnucash need to convert .qdf to /qif

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 11:45:02 EDT 2018

On November 2, 2018, at 6:58 PM, Paul Kinzelman <paul at kinzelman.com> wrote:

>Perhaps your Quicken had no transfers between accounts?

Nope. I had numerous accounts and thousands of transfers and transactions. I exported the entire file (using the then-available "export accounts, categories, and transactions", don't know if it's still available), and imported it all at once. I had to go through and correct many quicken oddities (transactions without categories, etc.), which I did in quicken, and re-exported again until it just worked.

>I posted in this list and was told that's how it is because the transfer
>appears in two places in the QIF file and figuring out that it's the
>same transaction was not worth implementing in the import code.

My experience was that the matcher was able to connect them up.

David