[GNC] Accidentally Created .LNK file and now my entire GnuCash file is overwritten and I can't get back to work

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Nov 4 11:20:39 EST 2018

OK, the 3 screenshots have made it through.

I don't understand - you said you had 2 gnucashes superimposed, but I can only
see a single instance in the 3rd screenshot, which has the data file "LSA
Nicosia (s) BE 175.gnucash" open.  That looks to me like it is what you want,
from the earlier directory listings.

in your prior screenshots, of the file manager program listing the contents of
the folder  "Alter Ego / Users / anitagraves / Desktop / Gnucash"    the .LNK
has no data in it.. so GC wouldn't be able to open it and show you a chart of
accounts.  if you delete the .LNK file, as it is 0 bytes in length, you surely
can't loose anything.

Once again, from that screen listing files, you CAN NOT click on one of those
files and get GC to open it.  Open GC first, then File -> open, but I think you
have the correct file open in the 3rd screenshot anyway.

Maf - who is now more confused than ever!

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542