[GNC] Fedora => Debian 3.2 => 2.1.15 Data Conversion Issues

Wolfram Wagner wolfram at wagnerw.de
Sun Nov 4 13:09:55 EST 2018

Dear list,
After a server break down and huge problems to save my data over the
necessary re-install, I moved away from fedora to debian.

I am lucky here, but there is a big issue. One of my two gnucash
databases cannot be opened in version 2.1.15 because of "use account
GUID as key in bayesian filter and store KVP flat...min. 2.1.19"

I habe tried to solve it in several ways:
(1) Install the compatible package from sid / instable:
This would require to bring many packages to this new level and many
updates as well as other issues.

(2) Build gnucash from source
I have started and I am frightened to go on. Too many new steps for me.
Maybe I try later, if I am forced to.

(3) Export and Import
I exported the hierarchy and the transactions to csv and found that
although I can export all transactions and all accounts in one step,
the import asks for files, account by account. Additional it seems not
to recognize its own export format.
This disappoints me, but may have to do with the different software
versions. In general, this is something to improve.

=> Is there anything that I can do to make the database downgrade
compatible? My other database can be opened. It does not use Online
Banking.
I still have fedora and the new version on one of my computers. I still
can modify the database...

=> Would it help to remove all traces of the online banking
configuration from the file?

=> Is my only chance to update the software somehow?

Thank you!
Wolfram