[GNC] Accidentally Created .LNK file and now my entire GnuCash file is overwritten and I can't get back to work

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Sun Nov 4 23:44:29 EST 2018

Yes, but she doesn't want to delete them. GnuCash would not know the
difference between deleting them or renaming them if the extensions
were no longer .LNK or .LCK.  Correct?  I would find the timestamps of
the .LNK and .LCK files, rename them, and try to find the .gnucash
file with the closest timestamp to them (mtime, modified time), and
open that from within gnucash.  Macs let you do this from the finder
without having to learn terminal commands with find and mtime, ctime,
newermt, etc.