[GNC] Fedora => Debian 3.2 => 2.1.15 Data Conversion Issues

Wolfram Wagner wolfram at wagnerw.de
Tue Nov 6 04:26:30 EST 2018

Good morning,
I have analyzed this issue a bit more.

Seemingly, the flatpak image does not contain the german localizations.
When I start gnucash manually, I get the error, that the localization is broken and that it is falling back onto English.

Until now I added:
(1) in /etc/... there is an environment file. I added a environment.local file and added LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 (Maybe this is not needed, if German is available as locale)

(2) I noticed that in the locale directory there is only one valid sub directory containing the english Texts. The other language dirs are links to non-existing places. I have deleted the dir link for German and copied a gnucash.mo file out of an RPM into a new created dir, hoping that the MO files are compatible. It did not work yet. I still get the same error message.

My plan for the next step is to try to remove the wrong directory links. Maybe they break the searching for available locales.

In case I am able to fix it, I will come back, report here and in the already existing issue in the ticket system for flatpak gnucash.

Thanks for your help!
Wolfram